Tuesday 20 December 2011

The Year is Wrapping Up!

Well, as the school year comes to a close... it brings with it my inevitable departure to Norway. This post brings great news... My visa has been approved, the house has a new tenant and I have sold my car! Woo! All the three major stresses are now all covered so I am free to pack to my heart's content! Jippi!

Today at school I farewelled my beautiful tutorial group! I did well not to cry, considering the enormous card they had made me, as well as the numerous presents I received. Yesterday, I also came back from an excursion to a massive chocolate cake on my desk... baked by one of my lovely Year 10 English students. He had gone to so much effort, using fondant to create a Norwegian flag as well as writing 'GOD REISE and LYKKE TIL' on the cake... which translates to GOOD TRAVELS AND GOOD LUCK. I can tell you that I felt very, very, very special!

So now, as we wrap up the working week I look towards Christmas also. I am looking very forward to spending some chilled out, quality time with my nearest and dearest. The days are counting down fast (23 sleeps to go) and I want to ensure that I get my fill before I leave!

Contemplating having a quiet New Years this year... Perhaps just hang out with Ebony and Tye. I have some nice (and expensive) bottles of wine that need to be consumed! Today in Norway, as I write this, it is a nice -6 degrees. I so, so, so cannot wait. I am so thankful that everything has fallen into place. It really reminds me of one of my favourite quotes, from my all time favourite book - 'When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires into making it happen.' I am now a believer.

Glad i meg!

Franceska!

No comments:

Post a Comment