Monday 21 November 2011

The Story So Far...

Hello! And welcome to my blog! If you're reading this, you're most likely a family member or a friend... If you're not - thanks for dropping by! 

My name is Franceska and I am (or will be) an Aussie living in Oslo (pronounced 'O (as in look) - SH - LO (as in look ).

I am a secondary school teacher and I love the following things:

My my mum and sisters
My small group of friends
My cat Misja and most other animals
Reading, long distance running, cycling, cooking/food/eating and watching good films!

I am starting this blog to track my new adventure as I embark on a 'journey' that will take me from Berwick, Australia to Oslo, Norway...  All for love (alt for kjærligheten)!

I met Thomas in September when we were both travelling in Vietnam with a tour group (I will tell you more about this trip later on). He was the only guy in the tour, except Ron - but he doesn't count because he was 67 and the would be wrong.

Prior to my trip I had joked to my friends that I wanted to meet a Norwegian. Just because of the accent. Ha ha. Anyway, you can imagine what I must have been thinking when Thomas introduced himself on the first night of our tour, particularly when his first words were: 'Hi I'm Thomas and I'm from Norway'.'  :-)

Time flew by in Vietnam and as we quickly realised there was 'something there' we also quickly realised that we lived on opposite sides of the world. Upon our return to our respective countries, it became more apparent that this was something... and that, this holiday romance, was bigger than we both imagined.

Our friendship grew and eventually we decided that Thomas would come to visit me at the end of November. This consolidated for me everything that I was feeling. Here, I have a man, flying half way across the world to see me. I'm a lucky girl, and a very happy one at that.

To say things have moved quickly is  true, but with distance being a factor it was always going to be a question of when one of us would move. 

So here we are. November 2011. Thomas arrives in three days time and then I will be moving to Norway in the second week of January where I will live for seven months.'Excited' does not do my feelings justice!

With the support of my family and friends (and my boss at work), I look forward to sharing with you my journey to the Land of the Midnight Sun. The land of, beautiful fjords and fjells, polar bears (but not in Oslo), 
pølse (Norwegian hot dog), the Northern Lights and of course... Norwegian Wood. Haha.

Glad I deg (love you),

Franceska!


By the way, in case you're wondering, the title of my blog lends itself to the name of the song that reminds me of my time in Vietnam and meeting Thomas.


 Klem klem (hug hug)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment